Thursday, December 10, 2009

What's the difference in Classical and electric violins and can you use a classical violin shol

I have been playing for over 5 years. Is that long enough to switch to an electric? Another question I have, would it sound right for me to play my electric violin with my classical orchestra if it is not pluged in(will it sound the same)?



What's the difference in Classical and electric violins and can you use a classical violin sholder rest w/them



You can not play an electric violin with an orchestra- without plugging it it the instrument makes very little sound and has no resonance at all. Check the link for comparison pictures.



As to the sound, an electric violin can sound like a regular violin, but there's a difference- I don't think they sound good together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update