Thursday, December 10, 2009

How should I develop my vibrato on the violin?

I am a Grade-4 violinist, who had to leave his music school for some reasons.And I have no one now to teach me the vibrato effect on my violin, which was the next thing I was suppossed to learn!So I am desperately soliciting good tips and methods of starting and developing my violin vibrato.



I would be highly highly obliged to all those who answer!



How should I develop my vibrato on the violin?met opera



In your case, I think the best thing for you to do now is to find another good violin teacher. To be honest, there are so many ways you could do vibrato that it really varies with each person. Every person's hand is different, and their way of holding the violin is slightly different, so to just learn how to do vibrato over the internet won't help you. When you learn it by yourself, you could easily get into injury just because it's hard to relax the hand at first.



How should I develop my vibrato on the violin?movie theatre opera theater



As for me, I have found that I use 3 kinds of vibrato.



1) Arm vibrato;



2) wrist vibrato; and



3) finger vibrato.



To practice the arm vibrato, I put a piece of cloth against the wall and put my violin against it. Then I try to move my arm (keeping the wrist steady)...



For wrist, try the same thing but move the wrist only instead. For finger vibrato - it is hard to describe...ask someone to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update