Thursday, December 10, 2009

What brand of strings for violin and instrument do you think is the best?

I have played the violin for several years now(renting), so now I want to buy my own instrument. The problem is, I don't really like the instrument shop near my house. So any suggestion please. Thanks



What brand of strings for violin and instrument do you think is the best?getting late



Go to swstrings.com.



That's where I got my main violin, as well as bows and most accessories. It's an amazing place to start out.



I'd recommend you call them, and describe to them your playing abilities and such. That's what I did; they were able to recommend brands and products to match my needs. Then, they allowed me to test out the violins I liked, sending two at a time, until I fell in love with one.



There's really no certain brand for anyone. Everyone is different, and everyone needs something different. So, try around, and see what you like. If you try something, and like certain aspects, but dislike certain aspects, tell whatever company you go to about what you do and don't like, and eventually, they can help to specifically recommend instruments that are exactly what you need.



Personally, I particularly recommend Franz Werner violins -- I've tested several, and own one; I always like them.



Also feel free to check out sharmusic.com, as well as wwbw.com. Kepharts is also good; I don't know whethery they'll ship instruments, but the service is amazing.



Good luck with whatever you pick :]



What brand of strings for violin and instrument do you think is the best?regal theater opera theater



Why not ask your teacher what the best strings for violin are....and then get them from the Internet....I play classical guitar....and I like D'Addrio, they to me have the best tone !!!!!!
See:



http://beststudentviolins.com/violins.ht...
try going to the southwest strings or shar websites. they have fairly good instruments. also, if you can find a teacher to ask, that'd be very helpful, as they could recommend which instrument is best for your playing style.



as for strings, that'll also depend on what kind of sound your instrument has. personally, i like zyex strings, because they have a good sound quality on almost any instrument, and they adjust to your instrument quickly.
potter's is awesome.



they're located somewhere in bethesda, MD.



www.pottersviolins.com



website might still be under construction.



southwest strings ( www.swstrings.com) have pretty good instruments- the higher end of klaus meuller, and the quan yin.



or the yin quan....



they're in arizona.



and shar (www.sharmusic.com) has the same as sw strings.



no clue where they're loacated
I don't know where you live or how much money you have to spend on a violin so its hard to advise you.



IMO, I wouldn't buy an instrument through the Internet, and especially not one that I was planning to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars for. Every instrument I've ever bought (guitars, mandolins, banjos, and fiddles) has been purchased from a music store -- or an individual seller -- where I had the opportunity to try them out and fall in love with "the one" that I had to have :-) If you don't like the music store near your house, I'd recommend finding a violin shop, even if it means traveling a bit further, and check out what they have in stock.



Personally, I'm also a fan of older, used fiddles rather than new instruments; they've been played in and have a better, more developed sound than something straight out of the factory. A lot of times you can get an older fiddle that's better than a shiny brand-new one for the same price. But the only way to shop for a secondhand violin is to go to a shop or a dealer that carries a selection of them, and try a bunch of them out. You can find tons of older violins on E-bay, but unless you're really knowledgeable, its very hard to know what you're buying, as older fiddles don't really have "brand names" or known makers unless you're looking to spend thousands of dollars. If you're looking for something under $1,000, the used violins you'll find will be mostly anonymous student-grade factory made instruments -- but those often sound really nice and will serve you well. And if you buy from a reputable dealer or violin shop, you can be sure that the instrument you get will have been setup properly to play and sound its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update