Thursday, December 10, 2009

How to replace the E string on a violin?

I was messing with the pegs on my violin and then suddenly the E string broke. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to fix it myself. I'd to hate to be at the mercy of a music as to when and I'd get my beloved violin back.



How to replace the E string on a violin?opera.com



remove the remains of the old string by turning the peg counter clockwise



you will of course need a new string



insert the new string into the fine tuner and the peg, then wind up turning the peg clockwise while holding the string tight so it won't slip



you may have to adjust the tension so that the fine tuner is in the midst of it's movement



get as in tune as you can with the peg then use the fine tuner



How to replace the E string on a violin?amc theatre opera theater



I would just go to a music shop or ask your music instructor. I know I do with my cello

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update