Saturday, December 5, 2009

I want to learn how to play the violin, and i'm 20yrs old, am I too old to learn and is it diff

Some have told me that I should have started to play when I was younger, and that it's too late to learn how to play. I dissagree with them, but i want some feed back on others. Also I've been told that the violin is difficult to learn, is it? I've had some musical background, like playing the flute, but that was when i was 14. I haven't played for many years now, but will it be more difficult for me to learn the violin with so little background in music?



I want to learn how to play the violin, and i'm 20yrs old, am I too old to learn and is it difficult to learn?secure browser



You should be able to play fairly easy. Someone else mentioned that the brain stops developing at 18, but recent studies have actually suggested that that age can stretch into the mid-twenties for many people. It may not be as easy as if you were starting at 5. but you should be able to play fine. My friend just began playing the violin a few months ago (she's 17) and she loves it. She said that it wasn't very difficult once she learned to read the music.



I want to learn how to play the violin, and i'm 20yrs old, am I too old to learn and is it difficult to learn?home theater opera theater



not at all its easy i used to play but got bored with it
I think the hardest part will be reading the sheet music. Just like any other "foreign language" it is hard to keep it up without practice.



I played the violin and the piano for years, but have lost the ability to read sheet music. Once you have mastered that then the rest is fairly simple. It is just learning patterns.



I don't think it will be too hard for you to learn. And with every new skill, it would have been easier to learn while you were younger but it isn't impossible now.



Have fun with it!
Never too old to learn. If you want to learn then you have to decided to practice because, as with any instrument; practice is the key to excellence.
It wouldn't be too hard for you to learn. There is no such thing as being "too old" when it comes to learning new things. I say go for it. :)



Have fun. :)
It is never too late to learn anything wat u want to do. Even here i am, i see women coming to school even thought they are about 30ish years old or over, that's wat my mama says. Don't feel bad because people say that you are old they are wrong about you cause they don't know you. So try wat you want to do like practicing the violin.
I have heard violin is one of the hardest instruments to learn. You being 20, it will be little harder for you to learn, since your brain stops developing once youre 18. Thats why they try to teach musical instruments at an early age, our brains will suck up what we're learning like a sponge. If you stick with it, practice a lot, and try not to get too frustrated , you'll get it =)
its never too late! I am 19 and received a restored violin my great-grandfather made from my grandpa when he died. Just practice a little harder! thats what i do!
u r never too old to do anything....if a child can learn so can an adult...can't b that hard....go 4 it!
I have played the violin and the quitar. Personally, I think the guitar is a better choice for an adult beginner. The guitar is both easier to learn and better suited for an adult who may not be able to find anybody who wants to play with them.
Sure, it's hard, but also very rewarding. Find a good teacher, play every day. Follow your teacher's instructions carefully, but also experiment on your own. If you have a good ear, patience with yourself, and a real love of music, it will be more enjoyable than difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update