Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is a good price to pay for violin lessons?

I'm thinking of starting to learn the violin, and just searched on the net about the cost of violin lessons in Australia. Most of them were $50-$60 per hour which i thought was a bit too much for each lesson. What's the average price to pay or whats a good price to pay?



What is a good price to pay for violin lessons?concert tickets



yeah, that's definitely overpriced. beginner's lessons should probably only run at about $20-30 per hour.



What is a good price to pay for violin lessons?theater seating opera theater



I don't know about Australia or how the currencies convert I'm afraid, but in England I wouldn't expect to pay more than 锟?0 - 锟?2 for a half hour beginners lesson. I teach singing to beginners and charge 锟?.50 for half an hour but I'm not very experienced so I charge slightly below the going rate. My violin/viola teacher charged 锟?0 a half hour and was a very good teacher who taught me right up to Grade 8 standard. Watch out when you get more experienced though - I pay 锟?8 an hour for my singing now! Good luck with your lessons
On the "Lesson Fee Survey" at:



http://beststudentviolins.com/lessonfees...



which is an informal survey, worldwide. The average hourly rate, worldwide -- taking into account the exchange rates of all countries -- is $39.66.



You're right; I think 50-60/hr is steep, the fee charged by a very advanced teacher. Keep looking.
I live in Australia too...Cairns. I have also lived in Brisbane.



Most violin teachers charge about $25 - $30 per half hour lesson so the amounts you have been quoted are correct.



One half hour lesson per week should be enough for a beginner....you do not need a full hour at this stage.



The biggest problem I found was getting a violin teacher to take you ; they are often fully booked and cannot take any more students.



You must have a teacher but here is a website that I have found very useful :



http://violinmasterclass.com/mc_menu.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update