Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to learn the violin, and to read music...any teaching software that can teach a moron like me

To term me as "beginner" is too advanced a term. I have a 4 x 4 violin, whatever that means. I need software, interactive dvd, something that breaks it ALL down into intensely simple instructions that a dimented rock can understand. I don't know jack, I want to learn to read music, notes, all positioning, fine tuning, cleaning and caring, tips and tricks, plus increasingly challenging cords to ultimately turn me to what others would refer to as a "professional" or "master violinist".



I want to learn the violin, and to read music...any teaching software that can teach a moron like me?opera mini



I don't think software is gonna do it. An actual person will be able to properly assess your level of skill and form a teaching regime based around that. Software can't do that, and you need it, especially with an instrument like the violin (which can be VERY difficult to learn). Also, I've never heard the term 4 x 4 used for a violin before, but I assume that means it's a full-size violin. I started out on a three-quarter size violin and as my body and arms grew, I worked my way up to a full-size (I started in around fourth grade).



And if you need to learn to read music first, slow down a second. Don't leap right into the violin; I would actually suggest taking a few piano lessons first, and learning how to read music based on that. You will also need to know some basic theory.



The bottom line is, you're not going to get good just based off of a few lessons on the computer or a DVD. It takes time, effort, and a good teacher with tremendous patience. Also, if you do start learning, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.



Good luck!



I want to learn the violin, and to read music...any teaching software that can teach a moron like me?passions soap opera opera theater



You might want to go to violinmasterclass.com as they have the best forums with people that can really help. They also have videos and other stuff.



As for software, I really doubt that you can become good with that. If you want to be good at violin or any instrument, the best way is through a teacher. Maybe take fewer lessons or something for shorter amounts of time but a real person is going to do you wonders. It will take a lot of practice and hard work, but it will be worth it.



It takes years if not a whole lifetime to be come a master violinist, though it is possible. The first and foremost thing I would do is contact a teacher if that is really want you want to be.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update