Saturday, December 5, 2009

I haven't played the violin in years, do you think it'll be easy to pick up again?

I had played the violin for about 3 years, went to competitions, etc. Wasn't great....wasn't bad either. Anyways, gave it up, haven't played an musical instruments since....do you think it'll be easy for me to pick up again? It's been about 10 years....



I haven't played the violin in years, do you think it'll be easy to pick up again?performing arts show



if you really like it and you believe that you still have it inside you and you really really have the need to pick it up again well then nothing is impossible.



and you know what you might even become better after so long time. this is what happened with my ping pong the sport. i stopped for a number of years and a day that i just had the need to listen to that sound of the ball. and guess what there are lots of points in it that i can handle a lot better.



good luck!!!!



I haven't played the violin in years, do you think it'll be easy to pick up again?opera cd opera theater



Yes I do, I know a lot of people who have done this, with daily practice you'll get back into shape in about six months, good luck to you, I play classical guitar, but violin was my second choice, someday I still hope to pick it up. I have a disk problem in my neck and several times I've had to give it up for a while, and then went right back into it, just remember daily practice works wonders even if you just start out with an hour a day !!!!!!!!
Yeah it will be easy to pick up coz 3 yrs of practice isn't forgotten so easy so don't worry u can get back into ur violin in a few days and if u practice for substantial amount it shud work fine :)
It might be...I mean you probably remember what to do and what not to do. It's really not something you forget...
Remember how your teacher used to tell you "practice, practice, practice"? Well, that hasn't changed. :) Your body will remember the basics (keeping left wrist back, etc.), but it will take practice to get back the "effortless" feeling - when you look at a sheet of music and your fingers automatically know what to do. Try starting off with scales (yeah, i know, ick) and simpler pieces. Sevchik is a really good book to get yourself limbered up again (the triplet section especially, IMHO). Congrats on coming back!
You won't remember everything at once, but eventually you will start remembering how to play scales, how to hold your instrument etc. You might want to get private lessons to get you started playing again.



GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update