Saturday, December 5, 2009

I can't get my violin to play notes.?

I just bought a violin today and yes, I have no idea how to play. But I read different places to put my fingers on the strings so that it would make different notes, but the note stays the same no matter where I put my finger. Is this a problem with the string?



I can't get my violin to play notes.?listen to opera



as long as you are bowing on the same string as your fingers are pressing on... it should change the note..



is your violin in tune?



if its like completely flat.. it might not play very well...



go find a teacher that will help you. theres probably nothing wrong with the violin..



-Anthony



I can't get my violin to play notes.?concert venue opera theater



Make sure that you are bowing/plucking on the same string that your fingers on your left hand is pressing down. If that makes sense.. =) And also make sure that your violin is tuned. I would say that it would be quite hard to teach yourself violin, so maybe some lessons would be good. Good luck with the playing! I play viola and it kills my hands/arms when i play!! =)
hire a teacher to at least tune the violin for you or ask someone who can. I also would try to take at least 5-10 lessons because it is almost imposible to learn the violin on your own.
could be that your string is not tuned, your fingers are not solidly holding the string to the fingerboard (careful not to squeeze though), or you bow may not have rosin on it.
If the strings are way too loose, you might have a hard time changing pitch. But I doubt that's the problem. Either way, do not try to tune it yourself, at least not with the pegs. You could easily break a string if you don't know what your doing. You should look into getting a teacher, even if it's just a short term thing. It's very hard to learn the violin on your own.



Good luck!
No, you are probably trying to play the wrong string. Make sure you are playing the same string you're putting your fingers on. It should work--I can't think of any other explanation!



Oh, from one student to another--bowing is pretty difficult, and bow hand is complicated! I need to have pretty hard core teacher guidance to not completely throw off my bow hand!
Are you putting your fingers on the right strings? Maybe that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update