Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is it late to learn violin when your age is fourteen???

Is it late? I really love my violin and I pratice at it a lot. Is it too late to learn how to play it? Im already fourteen.



Is it late to learn violin when your age is fourteen???opera singer



Someone asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. He was 76 years old however. I told him the same thing I told you. It is never too early or too late to begin a serious relationship with a musical instrument if you have the self discipline and passion to hold up your end of the bargain. Just remember:



1. You only need to practice on days that end with a "Y"



2. Learn as many new songs as you can, at least one a week and one a day eventually! Every time you learn a new song, you learn about something different that you can do with your bow, with phrasing, with your left hand, or in regards to sight reading.



3. Play for other people whenever you can. Playing may be a joyful experience for you, but sharing your joy multiplies it and gives it a purpose.



4. Share what you know with your peers and learn from them as well. Get into small and large ensembles whenever possible and take every opportunity to meet other players (especially great ones) and do your best to learn at least one thing from everyone you meet.



I applaud your dedication. Remember not to beat yourself up when that first love fades a little and be sure to replace it with the slow burning, but enduring coal of mature dedication. I stuck a few links below to fuel the fire a little. There are hundreds or even thousands more available. Hope they help.



Is it late to learn violin when your age is fourteen???amc theater opera theater



There is know cut-off age for learning an instrument
No, it's not too late (to join an orcheestra), but you need to find a good private teacher if you're serious.
no. its not late. rather its early. its very good tat u r practising violin from such an early age. and don't ever think tat its too late. everything has its own righ time. and this age is the right time for u to learn violin. keep it up. and all the best.
No its not too late. Its never too late. I started teaching myself to play the fiddle when I was in my early 30's -- now I'm 49 and in a couple of bands :-)



But if you want to play classical violin in an orchestra, you should get a good private teacher and take regular lessons.
God no!! You are never to old to learn an instrument! There isn't an age limit!! Goodness, who told you that eh?



I'm thinking of taking up acoustic guitar, I'm fifteen.



I began piano and 10 and drums at 13.... Am I too old?? No!!



Play whatever you want, don't be dictated to just because of your age, enjoy it! Place your playing on youtube and send me a link!! *grins*



Always try something new, no matter how old you are or what sex/race/religioni you are!! :D



Have fun!! Good luck!!!
It's never too late to pick up instruments.



I just picked one up this summer, and found it easy, regardless of age.



If I were you, continue working hard. Consider getting a private teacher, or taking lessons in a group. If that's not for you, just keep going yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update